Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Post a Day for May

I'm taking this challenge (although I missed May 1). What fun! I shall hold forth on topics I enjoy each and every evening in May. To kick things off, a bit of randomness. First, here's my latest yarn acquisition:



arrayed in my Grandma Eva's fruit bowl. She always had this on her table, full of peaches, pears, and bananas. Doesn't the yarn look a bit like fruit in this context? And what, pray tell, is this stash going to be? Well, that remains to be told, as it's a surprise for the lovely Miss AKPW, and she might run into this post!

And in honor of May Day, for Sissy:

"[H]e does not fulfil himself in his work but denies himself, has a feeling of misery rather than well-being, does not develop freely his mental and physical energies but is physically exhausted and mentally debased. The worker, therefore, feels himself at home only during his leisure time, whereas at work he feels homeless. His work is not voluntary but imposed, forced labour. It is not the satisfaction of a need, but only a means for satisfying other needs."

--Karl Marx

4 comments:

kylie said...

the yarn does look like fruit in this setting....before i read your text i thought that the yarn was like a bowl full of squash....i dont know if you call them squash over there, or indeed if you eat them.....but there you have it
enjoy your weekend!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Ooh, pretty colors. Looks like it will have a nice hand as well.

Good luck with post a day in May...maybe I'll join you (though I've missed a few days already).

Rima said...

What pretty colors...and the yarn looks good too. I wonder what you are going to make. Dont forget to post pictures.

Lisa said...

Wonderful looking collection in that beautiful plate! I can't wait to see if you keep the post a day up. I wish I could, but with graduation looming I know that it is not realistic.....