Wednesday, March 11, 2009
We Interrupt this Contest so that I Can Tell More Things About Myself
I've been tagged by dear Megan for the little meme that's sweeping our corner like a particularly tenacious rhinovirus (how many times has some version of that joke been made...). Also, I think I'm well on my way to expanding my "101 Things about Me" to "1000 Things about Me" and this helps it along...
The gist of it: "Mention six things of no real importance about yourself" and then tag six more people--see, it's like a chain letter but more fun.
Faycat--and I know you're busy cooking up a storm, but I still want to hear six things about you!!!!
Suzy--yes, yes, I know you're in semi-retirement, but...
and here's some more about me...
1. I've "heard" (through my latest interwebs stalking expedition) that my ex-something-or-other who wrote a bio of the Rolling Stones is now working on his memoirs. I'm wondering trepidatiously whether, if the book is ever finished (he's a notoriously slow producer), I'll be included. I fear I will, and I fear I won't. You know what I mean?
2. I've been waking up at 5 a.m. every morning and drinking really strong coffee on not enough sleep, which sets me up for a nice mid-morning anxiety attack. You'd think I'd have learned by now...
3. Our hamster, Whomper, a scientific oddity, has grown so enormous that he no longer really fits his hamster cage and wheel, and so I must buy him a rat cage. It's not his diet--he's fed nothing but his seed mix, and an occasional broccoli and carrot treat.
4. My morning makeup routine consists of Perfekt foundation (ladies, I can't sing its praises enough), and Benefit lipstick in "Good to Go". That's it, but my crammed-full makeup case would mislead you. I'm a products hound.
5. I love the smell of chlorinated pools.
6. I've had a recent change of heart, and now prefer the subway system to taxis. Two dollar ride that'll get you absolutely everywhere? I'm so glad the MTA and I have been able to renew our vows.