Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sock Finalists

You folks came up with fantastic dissertation titles--

I laughed out loud, and I learned the phrase “titular colonicity,” also that titular colonicity screws with old European librarians.

Now if you would just oblige me and vote for one of the finalists--you have until Saturday--just go to the sidebar and pick your favorite! Vote once, and those who are finalists should also vote. Vote! That word is starting to sound peculiar to my ears...

Here are your choices:

1. Straight to the point:

“Two Years Research: Men in Uniforms are Hot”

2. Assisting me handily in my delusion of reference, if not actually naming my dissertation:

“Alan Rickman in Chains: The Woman who Turned that Jowly Frown Upside Down”

3. Clever and accurate use of jargon combined with hilarity:

“Strain Theory and Geriatric Delinquency: The Applicability of a Theoretical Model Across Old Knudsen's Poop Fetish”

4. Pithy and succinct:

"Gimme that Fucking Degree: I am Worth It!”

5. Just plain old made me laugh out loud:

“Podunk Police Departments: We Make Mirrored Sun Glasses Look Good and Son...You Sure Got a Purdy Mouth”


6. Also made me laugh,

“Rural Law Enforcement: Where ‘Breathing My Air’ is an Arrestable Offense.”

7. shit, and one more,

"Why Blogging Beats a Doctorate: Fetishism and Solipsism"

8. Gd dammit, I can't miss out on one of those flattering ones that reference me, I mean come on now...

"Unholiest Housewife in Handcuffs: An In Depth Insight into Lust, Law, Leah, and Lusciousness"



I don't know, I had to stop somewhere. We also had titles that could be used for an actual dissertation. I’ll be contacting you for help with the frakking thing itself! You’d probably do a better job than I am, even if it's not your field...We also had alliteration, Yiddish, German, awesome slang that I had to look up ("zoots"? Now I know), funny take-downs of academia, and general funniness. This is why I usually just draw a random number.

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

You didn't even consider my comment. Yes, I know I'm late, but hey, I'm a dear friend!!! I count. Right?

Leah said...

Suzy, I missed it 'cause I was fiddling around with this post!

Romeo Morningwood said...

I see that operation 'dissert storm' was a great success..
mission accomplished!
I am sorry that I missed it.

Most of us struggle with a Blog Post so I confess that I humbly stand before you in total shock and awe.

Thank goodness that it's finally OK, even cool, to be SMART..
not like grade school where you'd get teased if you said that..
is so
is so
is so
I know you are but what am I infinity
nyeh
!"

Megan said...

How many times can I vote???

Karen ^..^ said...

Whoo hooo!!! I'm in the top eight!!

I'm honored just to have been nominated.

Do we get to vote? LOL

Mrsupole said...

Okay, I voted. Cannot say for which one.

Good Luck to all.

How many times do we get to vote.

Leah said...

Karen--of course you must vote!!!!

I think we can only vote once though.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I will vote. These are HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

I just voted, for number one, CyberPete's proposal, one of the earliest, gives a nice "round-up", tehe ...

CyberPete said...

I am voting for number one.

It's direct, to the point and absolutely correct.