Thursday, March 8, 2007

Socks and Ripples

I finished the first of my Socks that Rock sock, and liked it so well that after trying it on I couldn't bear to remove it--so stumped around the house in one sock and one bare foot. My husband worried about the sock, his exact words when I moved to try it on were "you'll ruin it!" and I must admit that this was always my impulse with handmade socks, that they needed to be cherished in monklike solitude, unsullied by the profane foot. Now I know that they are definitely meant to be worn. Anyway, here's the sock of love:





Also pending is my Ripple afghan; I have been staring at my little pile of delightful colors...


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I have boxes and bags of hand knit items in my closet and attic. Friends have asked why I do not sell them, the answer...... I need to know where they are and that they are being well taken care of.