Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Discipline

I have a new promise to myself: no online unless it's for dissertation research till after Hedgehog is tucked in for the evening.  Since I'm not at an outside job like so many of the others out there (I'd have no compunction about blogging at work...go figure...), and I'm home being a housewife slash grad student, I have to do some serious time management.  I won't bore myself with the details of that here.  My mom told me that when she was a housewife slash grad student herself, she took a solemn vow that the television would never be turned on during the daylight hours, and she stuck to it.

So here I am, posting at 8:15 am, before walking Hedgie to school! I'm a marvel of discipline!!

Okay, I'm so disciplined that I'm going to close the laptop and get Hedgie to school on time.  But I'll be back to talk some more about discipline.

4 comments:

Too Little Time said...

Finding lots of ways to avoid dissertation work huh? =) K

Leah said...

You said it sister!

Skeeter said...

You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Best wishes with your school work.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Good going! There are numerous creative avoidance techniques that dissertation writers (avoiders?) everywhere know and develop every day.

Good luck with the discipline. You will be glad you did it.