Tuesday, May 5, 2009
A Number of Unimportant Things about Me
So I was tagged by Marianna and Candie to list "6 Unimportant Things about Me." As I was tagged twice, I will list 12 things. Anyone who's been here more than twice knows that 1. I love to talk about myself and 2. I love lists.
1. I find grumpy, misanthropic, churlish animals to be hilarious. Note the hostile grizzly bear above. He's old, he's furious, he's sick of his vegetables, and he wants to eat you up. I love him.
2. I'm one of those weird grown-up ladies who loves dolls. I have an enormous Barbie collection, now housed sensibly in storage boxes and Hedgie's room, but let's be frank: I'm the one who bought them all. For myself. Hey, if Sarge tolerates it, so can you.
3. I hate overhead lighting. I like to be lamplit.
4. I enjoy the very worst sitcoms ever made. We're talking "Full House" level. Sarge is incredulous. He says they're not only soulless, but actually soul-sucking. I say, soullessness can be restful, as it requires no emotional effort.
5. When I took art classes in college I discovered a talent for mixing paint colors. Not for painting, you understand, but for mixing the colors.
6. I am a yarn snob, a coffee snob, an intellectual snob...but not a food snob.
7. I love science fiction as a genre. I've never understood the stigma against it.
8. I can honestly say I'm not that interested in celebrities.
9. I am shocked, amazed, that people in NYC seem to have forgotten about this. As a result of this complacency, the city is returning, slowly, to its former early-90s crappy state. But with still-inflated real-estate prices
10. I actually learned something in Gradual School.
11. I was a strict vegetarian for many, many years. Tuna salad was the siren song that called me back to meat-y reality.
12. I love to play video games.
Edited: I tag anyone who wants to play along!