Things I Love/Things I Hate:
1. Most Loved Food: Pizza. Boring, I know. But I love pizza and could eat it for every meal for a year.
Most Hated Food: Cooked green pepper. Ugh.
2. Most Loved Person: Two-way tie between Hedgie and Sarge. And I've just got to throw my sister and mom in the mix there too.
Most Hated Person: I can't say it here. So I'll go for my second-most-hated person, Hitler. Yes, Hitler is only my second-most-hated.
3. Most Loved Job: Teaching college. Sometimes I really miss it.
Most Hated Job: Door-to-door for Greenpeace. Honestly, I wasn't even sure what they did. I couldn't defend the organization against the hollerers. And frankly, I wasn't keen on interrupting people's dinner anyway. I sucked at it, and quit after three terrifying days. Funnily enough, I'm still not sympathetic to the Greenpeace-ers when they ring my doorbell. Oh and a well-kept secret of Greenpeace is that a large portion of your donation goes directly to pay the door-to-door nudges.
4. Most Loved City: New York City
Most Hated City: New York City
5. Most Loved Band: A tie between The Pogues and The Who
Most Hated Band: Rage Against the Machine.
6. Most Loved Website:The Onion
Most Hated Website: Any website that prominently features any celebrity.
7. Most Loved t.v. Program: M.A.S.H.
Most Hated t.v. Program: Rachel Maddow.
8. Most Loved Movie: "Velvet Goldmine"
Most Hated Movie: "Religulous" and I've never even seen it!
9. Most Loved Artist: Courbet
Most Hated Artist: Monet. It's just too pretty. His art is like the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction." It's become a cliche and I can't even see it clearly any more.
10. Most Loved Book: "These Happy Golden Years" by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Most Hated Book: "In the Belly of the Beast" by Jack Henry Abbott. For many reasons, not the least of which is that it's crappily written.
11. Most Loved Shop: The Lion Brand Yarn Studio in NYC
Most Hated Shop: Salvation Army, Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn (don't get me wrong, I love Salvy, but this particular branch is where the cockroaches crawl off to die).
12. Most Loved Organization: The U.S. Army
Most Hated Organization: NAMBLA.
13. Most Loved Historical Event: When we elected the first woman president. Oh wait, shit, that hasn't happened yet.
Most Hated Historical Event: I'm with Megan on this one: The Holocaust.
14. Most Loved Sport: I don't follow any sports cause I'm a lame-ass girl, but I love the sound of football and baseball on the t.v. or radio when Sarge watches it or listens to it. I think that sound is cheerful.
Most Hated Sport: ditto above.
15. Most Loved Piece of Tech: My ipod
Most Hated Piece of Tech: My cell phone
16. Most Loved Annual Event: The Passover Seder.
Most Hated Annual Event: The "Christmas costs less at Walmart" version of Christmas.
17. Most Loved Daily Task: tucking Hedgehog into bed and giving her goodnight kisses.
Most Hated Daily Task: Shlepping groceries up four flights of stairs.
18. Most Loved Comedian: Jerry Stiller
Most Hated Comedian: Janeane Garofolo. Smug.
Your turn. If you're bored or have insomnia and need something to do!