My friend Murali, at Miscellany of Me (an aesthetically beautiful blog that is just so inspiring) has asked me to come up with 10 things I like. Simple enough, no?
1. My new blonde hair, which makes me feel sneaky, like I'm dissembling to the world. But I realized I'm just far too real a person, and I have to strive to be more false.
Frowny blonde me
2. The sight of Hedgehog, swimming in the lake, wearing homemade crowns and bracelets of watery lake ferns.
3. The prick of tears in my eyes
4. When my sister and I are chatting and we realize we sound like a scene from a Woody Allen movie.
5. When Sarge embraces me and kisses me and then Hedgehog and Remus both try to force their way in.
6. rescue dogs
8. dirty jokes
9. Cannabis Rose perfume
10. ice in bed on a hot summer night
and p.s. I am sorrier than sorry that I cannot easily get out and about to visit many of you--the internet connection in the North Country really is infernally touch and go...