Monday, November 19, 2007

Pixie Totally Rocked the ISE5!

My secret pal, Pixie, gave me such a mood lift this morning with her incredibly thoughtful and lovely package. I was just blown away by this gift. First, the scarf:



I tried and tried, but couldn't capture the subtle beauty of this thing. Instead, let me describe it: Malabrigo in "Brown Berries" colorway--soft, muted pinks and browns (some of my favorite colors). The pattern of waves is perfect for this yarn--the scarf is soft, silky, and dense. I'm wearing it right now, and it is so luxe and cozy. I've always coveted Malabrigo, and now I'm incontrovertibly in love.

With the scarf came a whole host of wonderful presents:



Will you look at this? TWO skeins of this stunning handpainted yarn, in my other favorite color, garnet. I'm already looking ahead to their transformation--into my current obsession, fingerless gloves--do you think it's okay if I keep them for myself?

Also,



such goodies. Godiva chocolate (I already ate one--I mean, immediately), chocolate Hanukkah gelt, a personable little sheep, a festive Maryland crab bottle opener ( I foresee a celebratory Pilsner in my immediate future), (not pictured) a personalized Leah candy cane and a Maryland postcard, and this wonderful delicious-smelling manicure kit for my poor cold-battered hands (how did Pixie know?).

Then, the lovely Pixie included this



for my beady little girl. E is going to freak. She loves to be included in things, and I'm touched that Pixie sent along something so perfect for her.

All of this bounty was wrapped in Hanukkah paper, and labeled with little tags. I was almost speechless at this gift from a delightful stranger, except that I'm never really speechless. But could anything, or anyone, be sweeter?

3 comments:

Spooky said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed everything! I agonized over patterns and started your scarf so many different times -- my indecision was quite ridiculous.
I do love the malabrigo, though!
And you should definitely keep the gloves for yourself. :o)
I hope Miss Ella likes the beads!

Rooie said...

Wow! What a lovely and thoughtful package. I am sort of wishing that I hadn't sent mine off so early. I think I should have included a little more...

Too Little Time said...

How absolutely wonderful!! I finnsihed my ISE early but didn't want to ruin it by mailing too early. Now I'm almost running behind in the mailing part. Tops on my list! Chat soon - Karrie